Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Housefuls

DSCN1211


These four have had a lot of fun over the years. A lot. We're excellent multi-taskers. We can talk, laugh,  eat, cry, validate each other, and make inappropriate jokes all at the same time.

We spent the weekend together at our place with all of our kids (for a grand total of nine) and today the house feels strangely empty without them here. Usually when they come to visit, they accidentally leave an article of clothing. I was really jonesing for Becky to accidentally leave that gorgeous orange coat, but I can't find it anywhere.

We had a great time riding roller coasters, eating deep fried everything, watching movies, roasting marshmallows, and staying up too late. In other words, we had lots of fun. Lots of multi-tasking fun.

When I was young, I thought I'd have a bunch of kids just like my mom. Turns out, I only had two kids but a bunch of visitors, which means that I have a bustling houseful of people...on occasion. It suits me well, I think. It's a nice balance.

3 comments:

Christy said...

That really is a great shot of the 4 of you. Sounds like ya'll had a blast!

Becky said...

That's a whole lot of orange I'm wearing.... We ARE so good at what we do aren't we? I can't even stand how much we are missing you guys today! Thanks for a wonderful time- you are such a great hostess. It totally suits you. :)

Mia said...

Visitors are absolutely the best!

Related Posts with Thumbnails